THIS ACADEMY IS FOR MEMBERS OF THE DAN RIVER NONPROFIT NETWORK ONLY
Thank you to The Network for providing funding to support members attending the Academy. The Network is covering $1,347 per organization, making the cost to members only $150.
If $150 is still out of reach for your organization, please contact The Network at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 285-2100.
Small, mighty, and on-the-ground every day, local nonprofits fill service gaps, provide hope, and help make communities more equitable. But when impact data is inaccessible, they consistently miss out, not only on having the data to communicate their success to funders, but also for supporting their staff and improving programs.
Funders are increasingly wanting to level power and eliminate the scarcity mindset through trust-based philanthropy and innovative funding strategies. But they also need to know when partnerships are successful and how their investments are making meaningful progress toward systems change.
The ImpactStory™ Strategy emerged from my work and learning with local nonprofits and their funders over the last 20+ years. The Strategy is unique because it transforms formal program evaluation into a defined set of strategies and processes that can be sustainably used every day by small organizations.
The Strategy allows nonprofits and funders: to be clear about the immediate impact and vision they are working toward, to be confident in the data being collected and how to understand and use it, and to tell compelling impact stories that move people to action: clients to achieve, staff to track progress, programs to improve, funders to invest, volunteers to connect, and partners to collaborate.
The Strategy is used to track mission fulfillment on a path to a vision for systems change. When the Strategy is in place, social sector partners always have their impact story at their fingertips.
The ImpactStory™ Strategy Toolkit includes of instructions, tools, resources, and examples essential for putting the Strategy into place. The Toolkit is the focus of the live, on-line ImpactStory™ Academy. The 9-week Academy orients social sector leaders to all parts of the Strategy, gives them an opportunity to start building their systems.
Invoices available upon request. Email email@example.com
Fall 2024 Dates
Orientation and Introduction to the ImpactStory™ Strategy, Tuesday 9/3/24, 10-11:30am EST
Solid Framework, Tuesday 9/10/24, 10-11:30am EST
Programs that Work, Tuesday 9/17/24, 10-11:30am EST
Workshop Day – Articulating Your Impact, Tuesday 9/24/24, 10-11:30am EST
Smart Surveys, Tuesday 10/1/24, 10-11:30am EST
Painless Data Analysis, Tuesday 10/8/24, 10-11:30am EST
Workshop Day – A Deeper Dive into Excel, Tuesday 10/15/24, 10-11:30am EST
Masterful Data Viz, Tuesday 10/22/24, 10-11:30am EST
Powerful Impact Stories, Tuesday 10/29/24, 10-11:30am EST
Who Should Attend
- Executive Director
- Development Director
- Marketing Director
- Program Supervisor
- Director of Community Engagement
You’ll Get the Most Out of the Academy if You Already Have
- Full buy-in from the Board of Directors and Executive Director/CEO.
- An organization which is invested in being a learning organization.
- A desire for authentic, trust-based funder-grantee relationships with the goal of working together – and with the communities served – towards systems change.
- A commitment to using data to improve programs, support staff, and tell powerful impact stories.
- The ability to come to every class and do homework between classes.
- Basic Excel skills and are not (very) afraid of numbers.
- Curiosity and a growth-oriented perspective.
What You Walk Away With
You’ll leave with all the information, tools, resources, and examples needed to put the ImpactStory™ Strategy to work at your organization.
The Academy includes:
- Nine 90-minute classes, plus 30 minutes after each class for questions, working on putting what you’ve learned into action, and networking. You get a total of 18 hours of live learning.
- A comprehensive workbook and toolbox including all the resources, tips, and examples needed to bring the Strategy to life.
- If you choose, you can complete a Strategic Impact Map™ (aka Solid Framework) for a portfolio. Nonprofit participants can also choose to create a Smart Survey.
- Ongoing access to a class-restricted Google folder with recordings of all the sessions, as well as all the materials from each session.
- All participants also get free and ongoing access to the Funders or Nonprofit ImpactStory™ Network, an invitation-only peer network, for asking questions, building relationships, and sharing information. I also hold a monthly, 90-minute discussion group for asking questions and working on the steps of the Strategy.
- Confidence, motivation, and support in putting the ImpactStory™ Strategy to work at your organization.
Registration OPEN until August 23, 2024